Re: [OT] No more IE for Mac

From: Philippe Verdy (verdy_p@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Sat Jun 14 2003 - 15:22:51 EDT

    From: "Roozbeh Pournader" <roozbeh@sharif.edu>
    > For those who were worried when is Microsoft going to implement good
    > Unicode support for Mac OS's IE, there is now an answer: Never. Read it
    > yourself:
    >
    > http://news.com.com/2100-1045_3-1017126.html

    It's a great news. It will force websites to stop using Microsoft specific
    features and caveats, and adopt the real standards.

    I hope Apple will do a great job with Safari to support these standards
    without necessarily emulating the non-standard IE "features".

    It will also give some place to Mozilla with its strong involvement in
    respecting standards, even if it does not work exactly like IE.

    If web sites start using the real standards, people will upgrade for
    a more standard browser, and Microsoft will consider correcting
    its IE to follow the evolution of websites, removing the unnecessary
    features that Microsoft wants to promote, such as proprietary web
    fonts for CSS2, or the Office "smart links".