Re: Problem with Arial Unicode MS font for BOLD/ITALICS in PDF

From: Peter_Constable@sil.org
Date: Fri Jun 20 2003 - 21:31:21 EDT

    Philippe Verdy wrote on 06/20/2003 03:29:17 PM:

    > I think that Italic is to avoid for most Asian scripts, as readers are
    not
    > used to it. For Arabic it may cause problems because of the placement
    > of diacritic points.

    Thai type designers are extremely creative and not afraid of doing with
    Thai type most anything that gets done with Latin type, as well as some
    things that I have not seen done with Latin type. Bold and italic? No prob.

    - Peter

    Peter Constable

    7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
    Tel: +1 972 708 7485