Re: Yerushala(y)im - or Biblical Hebrew

From: John Cowan (jcowan@reutershealth.com)
Date: Mon Jul 28 2003 - 17:37:45 EDT

    Rick McGowan scripsit:
    > Michael Everson asked:
    >
    > > Do you really think that algorithm with all its warts is going to be
    > > used 50 years from now? I really would like to know.
    >
    > You want warts, Mr Everson? Well, let's take a look at some history...

    Would the French scientists who set out to rationalize weights and measures
    have believed that after 200 years their sensible system would dominate
    the whole world *except one country*, the at-the-time most progressive
    nation on Earth, deviser of the closely analogous decimal currency system?

    --
    But that, he realized, was a foolish            John Cowan
    thought; as no one knew better than he          jcowan@reutershealth.com