Re: Back to Hebrew, was OT:darn'd fools

From: Peter Kirk (peter.r.kirk@ntlworld.com)
Date: Tue Jul 29 2003 - 13:36:10 EDT

    On 29/07/2003 09:21, Michael Everson wrote:

    > At 08:47 -0700 2003-07-29, Peter Kirk wrote:
    >
    >> Another example might be German ß (U+00DF). Many people don't use it,
    >> indeed I think it has been officially abolished, but many others do
    >> use it.
    >

    > Peter, there isn't a shred of truth in what you are saying.

    See http://german.about.com/library/weekly/aa092898.htm. This confirms
    that Swiss Germans, surely "Many people", don't use it, but /Frankfurter
    Allgemeine Zeitung /and implicitly "most citizens of the German-speaking
    countries" do still use it. The only shred of untruth is that what I
    said I think is true is in fact an exaggeration, the abolition is only
    partial.

    --
    Peter Kirk
    peter.r.kirk@ntlworld.com