Re: Yerushala(y)im - or Biblical Hebrew

From: Peter Kirk (peter.r.kirk@ntlworld.com)
Date: Tue Jul 29 2003 - 14:16:34 EDT

    On 29/07/2003 10:52, Peter_Constable@sil.org wrote:

    >A variation (assuming that canonical ordering does not occur around markup
    >tags), might be something like
    >
    >yerushala<CanonicalOrderingBlock>
    >

    >- Peter

    If inserting an otherwise dummy piece of markup in the middle of a
    canonical combining sequence does actually reliably inhibit reordering,
    this might be interesting. But somehow I would imagine that it
    shouldn't. What does W3C have to say about this one? Anyway, within
    Unicode we shouldn't assume that any particular form of markup is used.
    So I would be surprised if this is a solution to the problem.

    --
    Peter Kirk
    peter.r.kirk@ntlworld.com