Re: Display and Store Problem!

From: Chris Jacobs (chris.jacobs@freeler.nl)
Date: Tue Aug 05 2003 - 09:41:47 EDT

    > My problem is when I insert data in hindi language through the application
    > into RDBMS, it stores in some different characters, but when I retrieve
    > data by puting any query, it retrieves on screen of the application
    > appropriately. But, when I insert data in RDBMS directly (without using
    > application) it stores in appropriate format, but when the same data wants
    > to display by retrieving through the application, it displays in different
    > characters.

    Looks like RDBMS stores the data either not in Unicode at all but in another
    charset,
    or in another encoding of Unicode than you expect.

    Can you give an example of data inserted via the application before and
    after insertion?
    Does the RDBMS documentation say which encoding is used? UTF-8? UTF-16?
    Which encoding do you use when inserting by hand?