Re: Handwritten EURO sign (off topic?)

From: James H. Cloos Jr. (cloos@jhcloos.com)
Date: Tue Aug 05 2003 - 19:26:02 EDT

    Stefan> m€ and m$ would be millieuros and millidollars. How could
    Stefan> anyone need anything like that?

    On this side of the pond, fuel prices per gallon are quoted in m$;
    I presume they quote m$ per Litre in CA, though it has been long
    enough that I cannot be sure what I remember about ON stations....

    Presorted bulk mail in the states is priced such that the per-item
    rates are not integral cents; you can even buy stamps at rates like
    14.xxx ¢. I could see people discussing those using m$ or even µ$.

    However, the specific places *I* used m$ were in micropayment
    discussions.

    Stefan> And why use c$ and c€, wouldn't ¢ be just as good?

    You'll not I didn’t use centi.

    -JimC