Re: Pigpen/Masonic/Poundex

From: Chris Jacobs (chris.jacobs@freeler.nl)
Date: Fri Aug 08 2003 - 12:49:20 EDT

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: "John Cowan" <cowan@mercury.ccil.org>
    To: "Chris Jacobs" <chris.jacobs@freeler.nl>
    Cc: <unicode@unicode.org>
    Sent: Friday, August 08, 2003 6:22 AM
    Subject: Re: Pigpen/Masonic/Poundex

    > Chris Jacobs scripsit:
    >
    > > But you still need to pick one of the variants as the _plaintext_ (in
    > > crypto sense) variant, and then you can deem the others to be crypted by
    > > monoalphabetic substitution.
    >
    > *shrug*
    >
    > There are lots of ways to do it, but no compelling need for
    > standardization.

    There is no need for unicoded pigpen. However, If you _did_ want to do
    pigpen in unicode you _would_ need to standardise it.

    This seems to be a clear difference from colorful scripts, where I think
    there is an agreement about which glyph represents which sound.

    So I think the analogy between pigpen and colorful scripts does not hold.

    http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
    http://www.reutershealth.com
    jcowan@reutershealth.com