Re: Display of Isolated Nonspacing Marks (was Re: Questions on ZWNBS...)

From: Mark Davis (mark.davis@jtcsv.com)
Date: Sun Aug 10 2003 - 03:30:03 EDT

    > As for oe-ligature, the
    > French representative to WG3 (or its predecessor) said that France
    could
    > live without it.

    Even worse; the story I heard was that the committee had planned from
    the start to have Œ and œ in positions D7 and F7, but that late in the
    process the representative from France objected, so they replaced them
    by × and ÷. That would certainly explain why these symbols are in the
    middle of a batch of letters...

    Mark
    http://www.macchiato.com
    ► “Eppur si muove” ◄