Re: Assume everything on this list is ignored

From: Mark Davis (mark.davis@jtcsv.com)
Date: Tue Aug 12 2003 - 10:49:33 EDT

    Let me try to clarify.

    - This list is the place for people to raise questions, and there are
    many people on the list who will provide answers. To reduce
    duplication and noise, it does help if newbies (and even more
    experienced people) consult the FAQ list before raising questions.

    - People (the original questioner, the original answerer, or anyone
    else on the list) are encouraged to submit any Q&A pair to the FAQ
    list. The Q&A pair is reviewed by the editorial committee. If
    suitable, it is added to the list, perhaps after being rewritten
    somewhat, with credit to the original answerer.

    - Thus http://www.unicode.org/reporting.html is not for people to ask
    questions on; it is for people to submit Q&A pairs on. I'll ask our
    "FAQ-Meister" to make that clearer.

    Mark
    http://www.macchiato.com
    ► “Eppur si muove” ◄