Re: [hebrew] Re: Roadmap---Mandaic, Early Aramaic, Samaritan

From: Peter_Constable@sil.org
Date: Tue Aug 12 2003 - 14:46:02 EDT

    ekeown@student.umass.edu wrote on 08/12/2003 01:07:46 PM:

    > > It does not happen if an expert sticks her/his
    > > head in the door momentarily, makes a few comments and then disappears.
    >
    > Well, yeah, I am an irresponsible fly-by-night.
    >
    > After all, so far I only spent 4 years and 3 months
    > on the Hebrew character set...

    > But I can see why you think my attitude stinks,
    > I've accomplished so little in these years.

    Your remark on which I was commenting was:

    <quote>
    During this short period, when I am on this list and receiving
    the enormous volume of mail, I am stating things that I will not be
    around much to state.
    </quote>

    I wasn't suggesting that you haven't been working on relevant issues, or
    not doing useful work. I was commenting on the fact that you appear, by
    your remarks, to be making a temporary appearance on this list. Development
    of the Unicode Standard is a community affair, and if you want to have a
    significant impact on the development of the Standard you need to be an
    active and on-going member of the community, at least for the duration
    needed to make the changes you care about, not just someone that pops into
    town for brief appearances.

    - Peter

    Peter Constable

    7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
    Tel: +1 972 708 7485