Re: Questions on ZWNBS - for line initial holam plus alef

From: John Cowan (jcowan@reutershealth.com)
Date: Wed Aug 13 2003 - 12:01:59 EDT

    Jon Hanna scripsit:

    > If this is not the case (I'm not entirely sure this bans what XML does with
    > spaces) then all we would need is a change so that rather than a de facto
    > ban on space+combining within names and nmtokens we would have an explicit
    > ban on the same; then we'd all be happy, except possibly for some sadistic
    > XML application designer that was planning on use that combination out of
    > ill-will towards his or her colleagues.

    Space in any case is not allowed in a token.

    There are far worse conformance problems than this anyway, notably the
    fact that canonical equivalence is not respected in XML names: a start-tag
    that is decomposed and an end-tag that is composed (or vice versa) will not
    match.

    --
    The Imperials are decadent, 300 pound   John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>
    free-range chickens (except they have   http://www.reutershealth.com