Re: Handwritten EURO sign (off topic?)

From: Marion Gunn (mgunn@egt.ie)
Date: Fri Aug 15 2003 - 06:47:44 EDT

    Not pausing to wonder why on earth this list <unicode@unicode.org> is
    currently discussing my country's currencies, only to wonder if anyone
    here knows whether Ireland is the only EU country which has to use two -
    in Belfast we use Pounds Sterling (£), and in Dublin euro (€).
    mg

    ps.
    To complicate/simplify matters further: I am recently returned from an
    academic conference in Scotland where I was invited to give a paper, and
    a few days ago just added £10 of my leftover UK currency from that trip
    to a handful of euro to buy something here.
    mg

    --
    Marion Gunn * EGT (Estab.1991) * http://www.egt.ie *
    fiosruithe/enquiries: mgunn@egt.ie * eamonn@egt.ie *