Re: Handwritten EURO sign (off topic?)

From: Anto'nio Martins-Tuva'lkin (antonio@tuvalkin.web.pt)
Date: Tue Aug 05 2003 - 13:59:36 EDT

    On 2003.08.05, 16:55, Doug Ewell <dewell@adelphia.net> wrote:

    > Any symbol that looks remotely like a C with two (nearly) horizontal
    > cross-strokes, appearing before a numeric value,

    Actually, most people here use it *after* the number. Which is only
    logical, if we follow speech, common sence and the International System
    of Measures and Weights. However I did read a big and glossy style
    manual about the euro sign back in 2001 and nothing was said about its
    reccomended placement respective to the number. (Let alone the validity
    of things like k€, c€ etc.)

    OTOH, in my previous job as "websmith" (I wasn't really "designing"
    anything, just HTML) for a banking software company, I used the dollar
    cent symbol U+00A2 for euro cents and nobody even raised a brow about it
    (this was in mid-2001). The particular set of screen interfaces thus
    composed were part of a project that went belly up sometime later
    (already in production stage, dont blame me!), but it might have been
    "inherited" by other projects...

    -- ____.
    António MARTINS-Tuválkin, | ()|
    <antonio@tuvalkin.web.pt> |####|
    R. Laureano de Oliveira, 64 r/c esq. |
    PT-1885-050 MOSCAVIDE (LRS) Não me invejo de quem tem |
    +351 934 821 700 carros, parelhas e montes |
    http://www.tuvalkin.web.pt/bandeira/ só me invejo de quem bebe |
    http://pagina.de/bandeiras/ a água em todas as fontes |