Re: Handwritten EURO sign (off topic?)

From: Peter Kirk (peter.r.kirk@ntlworld.com)
Date: Sun Aug 17 2003 - 12:23:06 EDT

    On 16/08/2003 21:51, Philippe Verdy wrote:

    >Note that USA, UK, Australia and New Zealand are members,
    >even if they often can use legally or most usually the British
    >system (miles, weight pounds, gallons, degrees Fahrenheit...)

    USA and UK do use this alternative system, except that the US gallon is
    different from the British one (exactly 20% smaller I think), but
    Australia and New Zealand don't. I saw no sign of any of these
    measurements in either of the latter countries, except for a few very
    old signs using miles.

    --
    Peter Kirk
    peter@qaya.org (personal)