Hexadecimal again (was RE: Clones)

From: Jill.Ramonsky@Aculab.com
Date: Tue Aug 19 2003 - 05:09:46 EDT

    Thanks, but not good enough.

    What guarantee do I have that other Unicode characters will not be added in
    the future which have the property "Hex_Digit"?

    How do I write an algorithm which will convert Unicode hex characters to
    hexadecimal which is guaranteed to work for all future versions of Unicode?
    (The algorithm is allowed to read the machine-readable charts, which may
    obviously be replaced with updated versions as they arise).

    Jill