Re: [Way OT] Beer measurements (was: Re: Handwritten EURO sign)

From: Doug Ewell (dewell@adelphia.net)
Date: Wed Aug 20 2003 - 00:02:26 EDT

    Ted Hopp <ted at newslate dot com> wrote:

    > Since we're speaking of the French (we are, aren't we?) what ever
    > happened to French Revolutionary Metric Time?

    It was revived in 1998, but the meridian was moved to Switzerland, the
    day was divided into 1000 "beats" instead of 10 hours of 100 minutes
    each, and the whole thing was dubbed Swatch Internet Time. See:

    http://www.swatch.com/internettime/home.php

    -Doug Ewell
     Fullerton, California
     http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/