RE: Mailing lists

From: Magda Danish \(Unicode\) (v-magdad@microsoft.com)
Date: Mon Aug 25 2003 - 19:36:07 EDT

    > Pim Blokland wrote:
    >
    > Where can I find information about which mailing lists there are

    I think you pretty much listed them all below.

    > The Unicode website only mentions unicore@unicode.org, for members
    > of the Consortium, and this public one, unicode@unicode.org.
    > Recently a new one was added, hebrew@unicode.org, which is not
    > mentioned on the website, presumably because it is too new, and I
    > can understand that.
    > But what about all the other email addresses I see coming by?

    > bidi@unicode.org, indic@unicode.org, offtopic@unicode.org, etc? Are
    > those all mailing lists?

    Offtopic isn't a valid list. It was suggested but I don't think our
    webmaster actually created it. The others are all valid.

    >If so, are they open to everybody (including non-UC members)?

    Yes

    >If so, how do I subscribe?

    Send an email to ecartis@unicode.org with "subscribe <list name>" in the
    subject line. Ex. Subscribe hebrew

    >Are they archived; if so, where?

    No they are not, at least not that I know of.
    If you have any trouble subscribing, please let me know.

    Regards,

    Magda Danish
    Administrative Director
    The Unicode Consortium