RE: W3C Objects To Royalties On ISO Country Codes

From: Jony Rosenne (rosennej@qsm.co.il)
Date: Sun Sep 21 2003 - 16:41:13 EDT

    Much of the ISO work is done in national bodies by volunteers such as
    myself. I don't recall ever being asked to assign any IPRs to the NB or to
    ISO. All I my original work in this area has been put by me in the public
    domain free of any constraint, by being posted to lists such as these.

    My own contributions are not significant, my purpose is to point out that
    the ISO claims are absurd and probably invalid.

    Jony