Re: Unicode Normalisaton Optimisation Experiments

From: John Cowan (cowan@mercury.ccil.org)
Date: Fri Sep 26 2003 - 08:28:52 EDT

    Peter Kirk scripsit:

    > Or else simply state that combining classes are assigned arbitrarily -
    > as also needs to happen with Unicode character names which similarly
    > contain uncorrectable errors.

    Let's not overdo it. Names, or combining classes, that are not in
    hindsight 100% appropriate does not justify saying that the assignments
    are arbitrary. If we called "A" LATIN SMALL LETTER B, or OZMA VEEBLEFESTER
    SCRITCHIFCHISTED, then there might be some justification for calling it
    arbitrary.

    --
    "You know, you haven't stopped talking          John Cowan
    since I came here. You must have been           http://www.reutershealth.com