Re: Internal Representation of Unicode

From: John Cowan (jcowan@reutershealth.com)
Date: Tue Sep 30 2003 - 11:15:07 EDT

    Jill Ramonsky scripsit:

    > Ludvig, this Pastoral Symphony of yours all seems to me like something
    > of a pointless excercise.
    > And Albert, this "Theory of Relativity" of yours all seems to me like
    > something of a pointless excercise.
    >
    > Never discourage someone else's creativity.

    The whole point of standardization is to *redirect* (not discourage) people's
    creativity into useful channels. Isaac Newton spent an unconscionable amount
    of time, by our standards, messing about with astrology and numerology --
    far more than he ever put into physics or calculus. The "standardization"
    of science since his day has helped reduce such effects.

    --
    John Cowan        http://www.ccil.org/~cowan          jcowan@reutershealth.com
    Please leave your values                Check your assumptions.  In fact,