Re: Euro Currency for UK

From: Peter Kirk (peterkirk@qaya.org)
Date: Thu Oct 09 2003 - 05:10:16 CST

On 08/10/2003 16:52, Jain, Pankaj (MED, TCS) wrote:

> Hi,
> I Have requirement to display Euro Currency Symbol for en_GB
> locale.I know that if we use en_GB as CurrencLocale, then it default
> to Pound.Is there any way I can set it to Euro.
>
> Thanks
> Pankaj

Our default currency in the UK is still the pound sterling. It will take
more than you changing some settings to change it to the Euro! :-)

The Euro symbol is available, and should be displayed correctly if you
have a suitable font, in CP1252 and ISO-8859-1 which are the usual
legacy encodings used in the UK - and of course in Unicode. I assume you
are not using a system from before about 1998 when the Euro was added to
systems and fonts. Anything beyond that depends on what system you are
referring to, and so is probably not really a matter for this list.

--
Peter Kirk
peter@qaya.org (personal)