Re: Euro Currency for UK

From: jon@spin.ie
Date: Thu Oct 09 2003 - 11:22:25 CST

> Isn't Euro support added to all CP1252 versions of Windows 98 and later,
> and in Windows 95 if people manually visit some Microsoft web page and
> download an update for this?

Yes (well, I'm not sure of the exact versions, but that's a minor matter). At this point most people who would have needed to update have done, but it's possible that users in countries that don't use the Euro haven't done so. Given that we are talking about the use of the symbol with a locale that is otherwise focused on people in Britain it's worth considering.