Re: [OT] Meaning of U+24560?

From: Patrick Andries (Patrick.Andries@xcential.com)
Date: Mon Oct 13 2003 - 08:02:44 CST

----- Message d'origine -----
De: "Andrew C. West" <andrewcwest@alumni.princeton.edu>

> Rather than bravely attempt to translate the Chinese tetragram names
yourself,
> which you could not do properly without having studied the original text
and
> commentaries in detail over many years, it would probably be safer to seek
out a
> good French translation of the Tai Xuan Jing, and simply use the names
given
> there.

Another possiblity for which I have opted is to order the English
translation of the book that served as source and asked some assistance from
the Ricci Institute. I am unaware of a French translation of the Tai Xuan
Jing so I don't think French readers are used to any translation. Thank you
for your kind solicitude.

P. A.