RE: Beyond 17 planes, was: Java char and Unicode 3.0+

From: Addison Phillips [wM] (aphillips@webmethods.com)
Date: Thu Oct 16 2003 - 18:11:44 CST

Maybe I should have said it the other way first: yuck. I don't want any
characters beyond the planes ever. Nor a change in encoding rules.

Addison P. Phillips
Director, Globalization Architecture

432 Lakeside Drive, Sunnyvale, CA, USA
+1 408.962.5487 (office) +1 408.210.3569 (mobile)
mailto:aphillips@webmethods.com

http://www.w3.org/International/ws

It is not a feature.