Re: Pashto and Kurdish characters

From: John Cowan (cowan@mercury.ccil.org)
Date: Fri Oct 17 2003 - 07:39:32 CST

Harald Hammarstrom scripsit:

> 1. Where are the presentation forms for the special Pashto characters
> of the Arabic alphabet? The independent forms are in Arabic 0600-06ff
> but I couldn't find them in Arabic Presentation Forms A or B?

The presentation forms for the basic Arabic letters are encoded for
the sake of backward compatibility only. Other letters will not receive
such redundant encodings. The 0600 block does not encode independent
forms; rather, these codings (which are preferred) are for the abstract
letters independent of positional considerations.

--
You are a child of the universe no less         John Cowan
than the trees and all other acyclic            http://www.reutershealth.com