[OT] Re: Klingons and their allies - Beyond 17 planes

From: Patrick Andries (Patrick.Andries@xcential.com)
Date: Fri Oct 17 2003 - 11:18:35 CST

----- Message d'origine -----
De: "Marco Cimarosti" <marco.cimarosti@essetre.it>

> Languages, such as Swahili, which use prefixes instead than suffixes will
be
> encoded in "logical order", i.e. with the combining prefix after the root.
> It will be the task of the uttering engine to reorder the prefix. E.g.,
the
> Swahili word "watu" (plural of "mtu" = "man") will be encoded as <SWAHILI
> NOUN TU> + <SWAHILI COMBINING INFLECTION PLURAL FOR PEOPLE> and, in
theory,
> it will be rendered as "watu". In practice, it will always be rendered as
> "-tu wa-" because no one will invest in implementing Swahili rendering.

I believe there is a strong case for Bantu character unification here, we
don't want to have twenty or so class characters for each bantu language or
dialect. A new Rapporteur Group ?

Incidentally, I notice that the b of group 8's bî (in my Meillet and Cohen
plural of ki) has a horizontal stroke across the lower stem of the b. I also
noticed this in a transcription of a Mayotte language. Also used by Meillet
and Cohen to note class 2 and class 8 prefix in Herero : respectively ob-a
and ib-i.

How is that character coded in Unicode?

- o - 0 - o
Unicode et ISO 10646 en français