Re: Klingon vs. Ogham

From: Mark E. Shoulson (mark@kli.org)
Date: Sun Oct 19 2003 - 20:50:00 CST

Michael Everson wrote:

> The example of Shavian might eventually be precedent for Klingon to be
> encoded, but for the present one web page on the KLI's own web site
> does not seem to me to be sufficient evidence to meet the usage
> requirements. Press on, Mark.

I plan to. I've been collecting evidence of folks keeping journals and
exchanging letters and such in pIqaD, and Lawrence Schoen has mentioned
that if we have a little more metalinguistic vocabulary in Klingon we
may see short articles in our journal (HolQeD) in pIqaD.

Meanwhile, Shavian is nice and all, but I really have to get you a
proper proposal for Bell's Visible Speech. What you have in CSUR is
incomplete, since it doesn't contain Henry Sweet's additions. And
Visible Speech actually has some usage, and belongs in Plane 1.

~mark