Re: GSM and Unicode

From: John Cowan (jcowan@reutershealth.com)
Date: Tue Nov 04 2003 - 17:53:40 EST

    John Delacour scripsit:

    > > <META charset=UTF-8 http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html;
    > >charset=utf-8">
    >
    > So far as I can tell, this is gibberish and ought to be
    >
    > > <META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">

    The two are effectively equivalent: HTML does not require quotation
    marks around attribute values, as SGML does, and although the "charset"
    attribute is not valid HTML, it will be ignored by typical browsers,
    as all unknown attributes are.

    --
    Winter:  MIT,                                   John Cowan
    Keio, INRIA,                                    jcowan@reutershealth.com