Re: UTF-16 inside UTF-8

From: Peter Kirk (peterkirk@qaya.org)
Date: Wed Nov 05 2003 - 14:38:55 EST

    On 05/11/2003 11:16, YTang0648@aol.com wrote:

    > This is a generic issue. Why it so special with MySQL? because the SQL
    > api?

    I mentioned MySQL only as an example which I had just come across of an
    application whose Unicode support is restricted to the BMP even though
    that support is still being written. I'm sure it is not unique.

    As for your suggestion of logging bugs, what I have seen is the outline
    specification for this software and not the code. Bugs are usually cases
    of the software not meeting its spec, and there is no evidence of that
    here. I could log a request for enhancement, but that is something
    rather different. They are not going to stop their beta for that, I
    would imagine, as they seem to have made a deliberate decision to
    support what they say they will support.

    --
    Peter Kirk
    peter@qaya.org (personal)