From: Mark E. Shoulson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Date: Tue Nov 11 2003 - 23:51:55 EST
Doug Ewell wrote:
><jameskass at att dot net> wrote:
>>>... and not one which somehow converted James' UTF-8
>>>into Mojibake as above.
>>This may be the fault of my ISP, the illustrious AT&T's "Webmail".
>>It may not properly tag my outgoing messages as UTF-8. A colleague
>>has written privately to say that it was necessary to manually set
>>the character set to UTF-8 in order for my contrived example to
>No, it came out fine on my screen. I mean, I didn't see the MAS glyphs,
>because I'm not using Code2001 as my default e-mail font. But I did see
>the correct number of black .notdef boxes (four), without having to set
I got garbage, until I explicitly set the character coding to UTF-8; it
had auto-set to 8859-1. Mozilla 1.4. Go ye and figure.
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.5 : Wed Nov 12 2003 - 00:42:15 EST