Re: How can I input any Unicode character if I know its hexadecimal code?

From: Raymond Mercier (raymondM@compuserve.com)
Date: Sat Nov 15 2003 - 13:14:52 EST

    John Cowan wrote

    > It's an XML editor (recte XMetaL), and an XML editor that can't handle
    > Unicode would be a sorry specimen indeed.

    A quick glance at the program's site suggests that there cannot be such a
    serious problem

    http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=Corel/Products/productInfo&id=1042152756365&did=1042152754863&content=FAQ#top

    How does CorelŽ XMetaLŽ 4 support Unicode?
    Corel XMetaL 4 features UTF-8 and UTF-16 encoding in conformance with
    Unicode 3.0 for the transparent display and editing of all left-to-right
    reading languages. Unicode support is available in the document window, as
    well as in the customizable interface elements (e.g., menu items and toolbar
    names) found in Corel XMetaL 4 and the macro script-editing interface.

    -and a number of other encouraging paragraphs. So what is the problem ?

    Raymond mercier