Re: How can I input any Unicode character if I know its hexadecimal code?

From: Michael \(michka\) Kaplan (michka@trigeminal.com)
Date: Sat Nov 15 2003 - 13:43:39 EST

    From: "Patrick Andries" <Patrick.Andries@xcential.com>

    > I would like to input arbitrary hexadecimal Unicode values in an
    application (XMetal) which does
    > not seem to use the RichEdit control.

    See my other post for the answer to this question.

    > Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to key in a large decimal value
    (outside of win 1252) using
    > the ALT+0xxx convention in XMetal (I'm on a US Windows XP). Is this normal
    ?

    No idea about this one, though.

    > Is it possible - I suspect not - to use the Keyboard Layout Creator to
    specify a similar behaviour
    > to the RichEdit control or the standard ALT+<decimal number>? Something
    like ALT+X+<hex
    > number> would correspond the Unicode character associated to that hex
    value. Would be useful,
    > I think.

    Its not possible with MSKLC, sorry. Though one could create a keyboard
    layout through the Windows DDK that does all kinds of intelligent processing
    that you provide the code for. I've never known anyone to do it in a
    production system (and I have done it myself only once just to prove it
    would work), but it would in theory be possible....

    MichKa [MS]
    NLS Collation/Locale/Keyboard Development