RE: Request

From: Peter Constable (petercon@microsoft.com)
Date: Tue Nov 25 2003 - 13:22:22 EST

    On Behalf
    > Of Ritu Malhotra

    > Could someone kindly help me by providing an exe(Font utility) that
    will not
    > only edit open type fonts(ex: Mangal.ttf)...

    Making changes to mangal.ttf or other Microsoft fonts would be in
    violation of the end-user license agreement which you agreed to when you
    installed the software, and is illegal.

    If you want a Devanagari font that uses a non-standard encoding, there
    are plenty of them out there that you can use without doing anything
    illegal. See, for instance,
    http://www.sil.org/computing/fonts/LANG/HINDI.HTML.

    Peter

    Peter Constable