RE: numeric properties of Nl characters in the UCD

From: Arcane Jill (arcanejill@ramonsky.com)
Date: Wed Nov 26 2003 - 05:12:16 EST

    That is almost precisely what I said. You repeated it perfectly. Thanks.

    But actually, there is one small difference between what I said and what
    you said. I merely /observed/ that no characters have different non-null
    values for the various number-related properties. But you state
    (emphasis on *cannot*) that this is guaranteed. Please confirm - is
    there a hard-coded /guarantee/ that no character will ever be added in
    the future for which the various number-related properties will have
    different non-null values? Such a guarantee would be useful, as it would
    allow me to do more optimisation of stored data.

    Jill