RE: Aramaic unification and information retrieval

From: Philippe Verdy (verdy_p@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Wed Dec 24 2003 - 09:44:02 EST

    Michael Everson wrote to the unicode list:
    > Philippe Verdy wrote to that same list:
    > >It's a shame that someone like you invest so much in an area that
    > >would better be specified by other communities.
    >
    > Is it indeed.

    Thanks for not flaming me about what you could have considered as a
    personal attack. It was quite frontal, I admit it was a needed
    shock, and I hope that you did not feel frustrated about your valuable
    work. It's just that the recent tone of discussions in the list
    was probably frustrating a lot of people wishing to contribute, even
    if they made errors or gave some sentences that could be wrongly
    interpreted beyond what was really intended.

    It's hard to be both concise and precise in simple discussion emails
    and we can admit errors more silently provided that they don't affect
    specifications that do really need urgent clarification when they
    are ambiguous. Discussions are there to allow expliciting concepts
    that are or may be ambiguous. No need to insult anyone here if he has
    not understood some problem or concept, or not used the more
    appropriate terms in something that was not intended to be kept in
    archives.

    So I will try to be more concise, but I urge readers stop flaming
    me about the possible interpretation of a single word, as it occurs
    too often. It is those reactions that required me to be more explicit
    about what I meant, but this was not a way to create more assertions
    or specifications. If I meant to specify something exhaustively, this
    would not be on this list, but I'd call for a separate review, and I
    would take much more time to reread my document before submitting
    it for review (and this could still contain errors or omissions as
    I work alone on these Unicode-related subjects).

    Thanks.
    Philippe.

    << ella for Spam Control >> has removed Spam messages and set aside
    Newsletters for me
    You can use it too - and it's FREE! http://www.ellaforspam.com