Re: New MS Mac Office and Unicode?

From: C J Fynn (cfynn@gmx.net)
Date: Wed Jan 14 2004 - 13:31:18 EST

    It looks, from this list, like most of the pre-composed Latin characters will be supported (though no mention of Vietnamese) as will Cyrillic, Greek, Chinese, Japanese & Korean scripts. Since non of the listed languages need to use combining characters, I take it that it is unlikely there are plans to support
    these in this release. The biggest holes in the list seem to be languages
    which use Arabic, Hebrew, all the Indic scripts and all SE Asian scripts.

    So, I think this can be read as "there will be support for Unicode but there
    will be no support for complex-script layout"

    - Chris

    --
    CJ Fynn