Re: Cuneiform - Dynamic vs. Static

From: Dean Snyder (dean.snyder@jhu.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 14 2004 - 22:32:58 EST

    Michael Everson wrote at 11:21 PM on Wednesday, January 14, 2004:

    >It is not useful to continue this thread on both the Unicode and the
    >Cuneiform lists.

    I posted to both the Unicode and the Cuneiform email lists because, as I
    say very explicitly, I wanted TECHNICAL feedback to the issues posed. I
    agree that the non-technical response is not useful (or even appropriate
    for the Unicode list) but it is very useful and even appropriate to have
    such open exchange on the cuneiform list. That, among other things, is
    precisely what it's for.

    I'm still hoping for even more technical feedback from the Unicode
    community on this issue. I would like to be convinced that the dynamic
    model is a bad idea.

    Respectfully,

    Dean A. Snyder

    Assistant Research Scholar