RE: Code points on Windows

From: Raymond Mercier (raymondM@compuserve.com)
Date: Thu Jan 15 2004 - 05:01:27 EST

    >>RichEdit 4.1 (used in Windows XP SP1 WordPad and later) also have the toggle

    I am using Wordpad on Win2000 (SP4), and Word 2002.
    I found after rebooting that Alt-X now works on Wordpad, but not the reverse. According to Wordpad About, I am using 'Version 5 SP 4'.
    In a program of mine (Handfind in http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/RaymondM/ where I used RichEdit control, the reverse also fails.

    If Alt-X fails in Word, you need to check the assignment of shortcuts for Word commands, as follows:
    In Tools/Macros; select Word Commands; look for ListCommands, Click Run. This gives a list of commands and their shortcuts: look for 'Toggle Character Code'.
    The corresponding shortcut should be Alt-X, but if it has been reassigned for any reason, it has to be reset.

    Raymond Mercier