Re: Caucasian Albanian Alphabet: Ancient Script Discovered in the Ashes

From: Peter Kirk (peterkirk@qaya.org)
Date: Fri Jan 16 2004 - 11:59:38 EST

    On 03/01/2004 10:17, Michael Everson wrote:

    > It looks a lot like what has been called the "Agvan alphabet". See
    > http://www.evertype.com/alphabets/Agvan.jpg

    I remembered that Ecological Linguistics sells a font for "Caucasian
    Albanian", encoding unknown but probably 8-bit as I remember hearing of
    it before Unicode was in widespread use. There is summary information at
    http://www.lingfonts.com/, but the link for more details is broken; the
    company can be contacted at ecoling@aol.com. I suspect that this font is
    also based on the older information from "Armenian Manuscript No. 7117",
    as it predates the most recent discoveries.

    --
    Peter Kirk
    peter@qaya.org (personal)