Unwanted publicity?

From: Timothy Partridge (timpart@perdix.demon.co.uk)
Date: Wed Jan 28 2004 - 16:15:49 EST

    I was somewhat surprised to see the word Unicode on page 8 of the Metro
    newspaper (London, UK) today (January 28, 2004).

    Unfortunately it was in the middle of an article about Mydoom, where it says
    "The message may read 'The message contains Unicode characters and has been
    sent as a binary attachment.'" This was the only one of the possible
    messages they quoted, presumably because it was the most distinctive.

    The name Unicode is now in mailboxes around the world - is this a good or
    bad thing?

       Tim

    --
    Tim Partridge. Any opinions expressed are mine only and not those of my employer