Re: Panther PUA behavior

From: Doug Ewell (dewell@adelphia.net)
Date: Wed Feb 04 2004 - 11:09:18 EST

    Michael Everson <everson at evertype dot com> wrote:

    >> From how I understand what Dean wrote, the issue is a very simple
    >> one. What he wanted did work in Jaguar. It doesn't work in Panther.
    >> He is unhappy about that.
    >
    > He should file a bug report with Apple if he wants anything done
    > about it.

    This is a familiar chain of events to those of use who have spent any
    time doing customer support, formally or informally. Someone has a
    question about Apple's handling of something, there are Apple people on
    the list who can explain what is happening and why, and the requestor
    asks them to fix it or to get it fixed.

    It may seem bureaucratic ("Can't you just tell them to fix it? It's
    obvious that it's broken!"), but one really does need to go through the
    proper channels to report bugs or other unwanted behavior. This list is
    just water-cooler chat, although admittedly of a much higher brow than
    the current Justin-and-Janet discussions going on at water coolers
    throughout America.

    -Doug Ewell
     Fullerton, California
     http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/