Re: Panther PUA behavior

From: jameskass@att.net
Date: Thu Feb 05 2004 - 10:36:55 EST

    Doug Ewell wrote,

    > ... On Windows, I can't even rely on
    > being able to display real Unicode characters for Vietnamese in places
    > like the Start menu or the title bar of the browser, because they're not
    > in the one and only font used for each of those places.

    For the title bar of the browser,

    [Start] - [Control Panel] - [Display] - [Appearance] -
    [Advanced] - Select "Inactive Title Bar" in the box for "Item",
    then select a font from the pop-up list that covers the
    encoding and range of characters. Select a size that looks good.
    [OK] - [Apply] - [OK]
    Then, exit Control Panel and try it.

    Note that there are other font settings besides "Inactive
    Title Bar" that can be changed in that same menu to
    customize the appearance of other items. Also note that
    "Inactive Title Bar" seems to apply to active ones, too!

    Best regards,

    James Kass