Re: Fwd: Re: (SC2WG2.609) New contribution N2705

From: jcowan@reutershealth.com
Date: Wed Feb 18 2004 - 13:54:12 EST

    Ernest Cline scripsit:

    > I'm not saying that sufficient support can't be shown. I'm saying that
    > the examples shown are not enough to convince me of the desirability
    > of encoding subscript x and subscript / as official Unicode characters
    > instead of as markup or as private use characters.

    I agree. Furthermore, it seems to me that the laryngeal a, e, and o subscripts
    are not productive, and that it would be better to encode something named
    either LATIN LETTER CAPITAL H WITH SUBSCRIPT A or (better, IMHO)
    LATIN LETTER A-COLORED LARYNGEAL, and the same for the other two.

    --
    John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>     http://www.reutershealth.com
    "But no living man am I!  You look upon a woman.  Eowyn I am, Eomund's daughter.