Re: Fwd: Re: (SC2WG2.609) New contribution N2705

From: Ernest Cline (ernestcline@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Feb 18 2004 - 12:14:40 EST

    But the examples shown are not enough to convince me that
    Indo-Europeanists in general are using this notation instead
    of two authors using similar but not the same notation of using
    a subscript /. If it were a standard notation, I would have expected
    to see consistent usage (or non-usage) of the parenthesis around
    the subscript combination involving the solidus.

    I'm not saying that sufficient support can't be shown. I'm saying that
    the examples shown are not enough to convince me of the desirability
    of encoding subscript x and subscript / as official Unicode characters
    instead of as markup or as private use characters.