RE: [OT?] Modifying (Unicode) sorting of languages using diacritics in MS Word and MS SQL Server

From: Chris Pratley (chrispr@Exchange.Microsoft.com)
Date: Mon Feb 23 2004 - 02:23:42 EST

    Word uses sort orders provided by the system, so if it is not there, you
    wouldn't be able to use it.

    Same with additional language IDs - the system defines a set of
    languages which Word is using.

    Windows XP was shipped well before Unicode 4.0 came out, and Word2003
    was shipped just after Unicode 4.0 came out, so not much that is unique
    to 4.0 is supported. Support will increase in the next release, but
    exactly which language sand in what ways are not easy to say right now.
    The Windows tram would have a better idea. They just announced support
    for all the major Indian languages, for instance.