Re: [OT?] Modifying (Unicode) sorting of languages using diacritics in MS Word and MS SQL Server

From: Patrick Andries (Patrick.Andries@xcential.com)
Date: Fri Feb 27 2004 - 22:07:02 EST

    Michael (michka) Kaplan a écrit :

    >>[PA] Let me be reasonable as you kindly suggest, how about proper French
    >>Canadian (CAN/CSA Z243.4.1 standard (which you most probably know) and
    >>ISO/IEC 14651 with the delta corresponding to the latter) or Khmer sorting
    >>

    >?
    >
    >I am unaware of any specific non-conformant pieces in Windows in regard to
    >the former standard.

    [PA] Well, may I suggest an offline discussion with Alain Labonté
    (cc'ed) ? He is more aware of this issue than I am.

    I believe he has already transmitted his concern relative to this
    non-conformance through other channels in Microsoft (subsidiaires and
    other members of the Unicode consortium).

    P. A.