Re: OT? Languages with letters that always take diacriticals

From: Jon Hanna (jon@hackcraft.net)
Date: Tue Mar 16 2004 - 11:44:08 EST

    To Turks, i is a
    > separate letter of the alphabet (and sorted as such), not a variant of
    > dotless i.

    The analogy with Irish (or rather lack of one) still holds.

     And there is no language-specific Unicode decomposition to
    > dotless i plus dot.

    Are there any language-specific decompositions? I can only bring the
    language-independent ones to mind right now.
    There is a language-independent decomposition of LATIN CAPITAL LETTER I WITH DOT
    ABOVE to LATIN CAPITAL LETTER I and COMBINING DOT ABOVE.

    --
    Jon Hanna
    <http://www.hackcraft.net/>