Re: vertical direction control

From: Ernest Cline (ernestcline@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Mar 24 2004 - 15:10:39 EST

    Actually, from what sources I've seen, while the Philippine scripts were
    sometimes written as if they were bottom to top when using materials
    other than paper, it was always read left to right. It was a case of it
    being more convenient with the materials used to write it bottom to top,
    but it was never intended to be read that way.