Re: Fixed Width Spaces (was: Printing and Displaying DependentVowels)

From: jcowan@reutershealth.com
Date: Wed Mar 31 2004 - 17:25:45 EST

    Peter Kirk scripsit:

    > But, as Ken has just clarified, with NBSP Louis' neck may be stretched
    > rather uncomfortably, if not cut completely. Here is what I don't want
    > to see (fixed width font required):
    >
    > Louis XVI was
    > guillotined in
    > 1793.

    This, however, is a matter of presentation rather than semantics, and as such
    fitly belongs in the realm of presentational markup. In HTML, one might
    specify <tt>&nbsp;</tt> to generate a fixed-width space.

    --
    John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>     http://www.reutershealth.com
    han mathon ne chae, a han noston ne 'wilith.  --Galadriel, LOTR:FOTR